Happy Birthday to meeeee!
Today I'm turning 28 (hello Golden Birthday!) which technically puts me in the category of "late twenties" and means I can no longer tease my husband for being older than me (though really he's still 7 months older...). Today I'm going to climb a mountain, stuff my face with cake, and spend some time with my hubs. But first, I want to reflect on 8 big reminders for myself as I go into the daunting age of 28. These reminders are simply lessons I've learned over the past 28 years of my life—and things I need to continue to remember to keep myself on course.
- Always trust God: His timing and plans are perfect.
- Use your faith: otherwise it's worthless.
- Surround yourself with people that build you up.
- Only you are responsible for your happiness. You can't pin it on anyone else.
- Work hard—and never for selfish ambition.
- Love deeply and authentically.
- Fail, fail, fail—then pick yourself up and go at it again.
- Remember that life is but a vapor—so don't waste a moment of it.
I've had an amazing 28 years. I pray that I'm given many more years to continue to learn lessons and that I never take for granted each one that makes up my life.