You’re a passionate storyteller.
You want the world to hear what you have to say.
You’ll do whatever it takes to rise above the rest. To stand out. To be noticed.
Because what you have to say is important.
But you feel silenced.
You’re blending into a faceless crowd.
Your words are POWERFUL, but your image is missing.
What you have to share is so dang important—BUT NO ONE SEES YOU.
I can fix that.
You can have a cohesive image that totally represents everything you’re about.
Your image deserves to be as unique as you are. Your passion can’t be shushed or quieted. You need to be heard and seen... You just need a killer image, and an amazing platform to showcase you and your passion.
Through the Finicky Designs process of finding your image, we work together to create a logo, brand identity, style, and visual story that is uniquely you—and we won't settle until you think it's PERFECT. Why? Because your brand is YOU, and it’s a promise to your audience about what they can expect out of you.
That's kind of (really) important.
I’ve poured all of my energy into perfecting the design process through the Finicky Designs process, making it more clear than ever to develop that brand that you’ve been searching for.
No more wondering what your voice looks like. No more searching for that visual expression to match your words. It’s time to get noticed, to stand out, to be heard.
I can't tell you how happy and thankful I am with your idea. This is my life's work, and it's been so hard getting it off the ground because of other things that require my attention. There are so many things that I will be doing with this business—teaching the journal writing workshops, helping people write their memoirs, writing my own memoir. Your work is so wonderful and has brought to life the crazy ideas in my head!
—The Writing Season, 2015
How am I different from other graphic designers?
I’m finicky. I get super particular about your message, your brand, and won’t settle for anything less than what’s absolutely perfect for you.
Your brand is YOU. So I get to know you–I care about YOUR needs. I’m not in it just to come up with pretty designs. I’m here for you, I design for your fulfillment–not mine. I’m willing to jump into your world, live in the moment with you, and figure out what you need by standing as close I can get to where you are -- because your brand deserves that.
We’ll work closely together with wide open lines of communication. Have a thought? Email me. Have an idea? Let’s jump on Skype together and talk through it. You contribute to the development of your brand during the entire process. It’s not just about several concepts I design for you; it’s about working together on those concepts to land on something that is completely YOU and takes your journey to the next level. Your story is uniquely yours, so we’ll create a brand for you that matches that personality, uniqueness, and specialty.
Whether you have huge, awesome ideas that you can’t wait to share, or you don’t have any clue what you want or need—we’ll work together to determine what your brand looks like now and where you need to be.
Every person is different, and you deserve to be treated as the unique individual that you are. You can’t simply be plugged into a system. You deserve to be in control, to discover your brand right alongside your designer, and to be completely and utterly happy with your brand.
In April of 2013 I completed the writing of my first book. It was a very exciting accomplishment for me because I had to live the content of the book before I could write it... I wanted this project done with excellence. Excellence is exactly what I found in Melody Christian and her company, Finicky Designs. Her talent enabled her to “read me like a book.” After the first interview she’d captured my passion, personality and vision for ministry... Her eye for design is nothing short of amazing, as well as her eye for photography, book cover, and web design. I’m so proud of the “look” she gave my ministry. It’s my pleasure to recommend her company, Finicky Designs, to anyone in pursuit of an excellent product. You’ll not be disappointed.
–Patti Davis, Patti Davis Ministries, 2014
What the Finicky Design Process looks like:
- After you fill out the Design Package Welcome Kit request form, you'll receive your Welcome Kit through email. It includes an important questionnaire (that you'll bring with you to the free consultation), an informative guide to help take the mystery out of the design process, and a detailed pricing list for the brand packages that I offer.
- Follow the link provided in your Welcome Kit to gain access to my calendar. Here you can book your free design consultation with me!
- Bring your worksheet to your one-on-one Skype consultation with me, and we’ll talk big dreams and big visions. I’ll hear your story from your own mouth (and your own heart), figure out how far you’ve come and where you want to go, then audit your current brand (if you have one) and determine direction. And then—if we decide we’re a good fit—you purchase your design package and the actual design work begins.
- Concept presentation day is finally here! Two to three weeks after our initial consultation, we meet again to take a look at several strong brand concept options, mood boards, style, and overall messaging of your brand. Based on our conversation and collaboration, I go back to designing, tailoring, and shaping your brand for you.
- We settle on a brand direction together, you get butterflies because you know that THIS IS IT, and I dive into developing a complete brand platform for your business. Your business, your brand, and your dreams will all fit together perfectly. Depending on the package you selected, this will include:
- a logo (and tagline, if needed)
- a brand and imagery style guide
- business card design
- notecard design
- website cover page graphics
- social media designs
- consistent and coherent branding tips guide
- This isn’t the end, it’s only just the beginning! I’m not going to abandon you at this point–I’m going to be a part of your journey, be your biggest cheerleader, and walk along this road WITH you. I want to read your stuff. I want to tell people about your stuff. I was to see you THRIVE.
You finally have your image.
You’re finally being SEEN and your words are being HEARD… all through a brand that is completely, entirely, 100% YOU.
Are you SO ready to do this? This is the beginning. This is the first step.
Request your welcome kit,
and let's do this!
Fill out the form so I get to know a little bit about you and your story. I will get back to you within 48 hours to set up a free consult with you. We’ll talk about your business, your brand, your dreams, and how we can make that all fit together perfectly, representing YOU!
I get it. There’s a lot at stake here. Your brand is so freakin’ important that it’s difficult to jump in with both feet!
First of all—our consult together is totally free. So if you don’t think we mesh–you can walk away without having paid a penny. Also, I only require you to pay 50% of the design package’s total cost up front. That’s your investment. That’s your commitment to say hey, I’m in this to make it WORK. Then, after you’re completely satisfied with the direction we’ve chosen for your business, you pay the remaining amount and I get to work on your entire branding platform.
PS: I’m just as excited about this as you are. That form you send me? When I get that in my inbox, I GET BUTTERFLIES. It’s like Christmas morning! I don’t take your dreams lightly—and just the fact that you’re willing to entrust me with them is SO HUGE for me! I feel honored that you’d allow me into your world and let me work with you to create that killer image.
Melody Christian helped launch our company into the business world. From designing our company logo to providing the expertise in designing the format of our curriculum, Melody exhibited the highest level of work ethics and integrity. Melody took our vision and created a product that we are extremely proud to have our name stamped on. Her design and forethought initiated a product that is professional and easy to read. We will keep Melody as our designer and typesetter as we continue to move forward in our business.
–Darlene McPherson and Terry Hoit, owners of Write Now—Right Now LLC, 2014
You know you’re ready for this.
Let’s do it!
Not convinced you should invest in your business image?
I challenge you to explore what investing in a good design for your small business means and how it'll significantly impact your revenue! You can start by reading this helpful blog post on why branding is important for your business. Also check out my Clients' Work to see how a good image is impacting their business.
Feel like you can't afford to hire a good designer?
Does your budget scream a big fat NO at you anytime you consider hiring a professional designer? Well that doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel completely. Check out Making hiring a graphic designer possible for a few things you can do TODAY!